Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful

These are some comments I made at the Fall Sports Banquet that I wanted to share with everyone. I am very thankful for many things in my life and hopefully this will briefly explain some of the great things we have going on here at Ardmore.

I want to thank everyone for coming. As we all know Thanksgiving is upon us and it is a great time to reflect on the previous year and the things we should be thankful for. One of the things I am thankful for is the support Ardmore High School receives from its parents and community. We are always well represented and let me thank you on behalf of the entire faculty and staff of Ardmore.

Another thing I am thankful for is the quality of the men and women we have working with our student athletes. We all want to win and nobody more than I, but more importantly I want our students to become good citizens. I want our coaches to instill the desire to win, but also a work ethic, and an integrity that comes with knowing you have given everything you have to accomplish your goal.

The most important group I am thankful for is the high quality students we have at Ardmore High School. I am constantly reminded of what great students we have at our school. Our students represent our school with dignity and class at every event we attend. Many in our society want to put down the “Young generation” but I can tell you that here at Ardmore the “Next Generation” is in good shape.

I want to publicly thank a guy that I don’t thank nearly enough. Mr. Bates works tirelessly through the year as our assistant principal and athletic director. Mr. Bates has a passion for all of our sports and all of our students. I personally don’t know how I could do my job without his assistance and his friendship. Let’s give Mr. Bates a round of applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment